- monoloQue was born in 2004. The man himself, better known as loQue, was the founder of the well-known Malaysian grunge/alternative/independent band, Butterfingers. He is also the main composer/lyricist for the band. The band which was founded in 1992 has received enormous popularity in Malaysian Music Industry, having 8 albums under their belt, 4 English albums – 2 Malay albums – 2 Compilations albums. Currently Butterfingers’s KEMBALI is nominated at AIM 2009(Anugerah Industry Muzik)for Best Rock Album and 1000 Tahun(mahu hidup) for Best Rock Song,one of many songs written by LoQue.
- As the band gets it success, loQue known for his love to challenge himself and to explore new things in life, comes up with monoloQue in 2004 when the band he founded took a hiatus from the music scene. He knew that he had to start from scratch and not falling into the comfort couch that he had for almost 15 years as the band member & founder of Butterfingers. He began to explore the other side of him that some people think was the darker side of him. He listens to the great late R.Azmi and made a research on him. He went back to the 40’s and began to explore the things that would inspire him later on. As he goes on, he realized that he love sounds in general. Sounds that would break the comfort zone that he had with his band, Butterfingers. 2004, the year he took a break from every thing became the year he discover his true-self. And that year itself, Jika Aku Seorang Robot was born followed by his alter-ego, monoloQue. He received mix reviews & feedback when he shares the song with his close friends & foes. Some like it, others hate it.
- But as time goes by, and as what had happened the years before, songs that created under the name monoloQue, started to grow in those close to him. They were asking for more. That started his MySpace account where he staged his songs as well as established himself as monoloQue and no longer as loQue Butterfingers. The songs that he shared includes, Rindu Dendam, Pecah Amanah, Chinta (which was a collaboration with Muzium Pahang) and Perempuan Kalis Peluru.
- Fast-forward, 2009, in his last semester in Berklee College of Music MA Boston – majoring in Composition & Synthesis, he is ready to take the world by storm. He is ready to introduce to the world what music means to him and how it helps him to be the man he is now. Not only sharing his music, he is also willing to continue to explore, to learn, to teach and to breathe the true passion he has as loQue & monoloQue.
- And as usual, not known as one that follows the trend, he started his first project known as KonvensyenRemixmonoloQue where you can download his song Jika Aku Seorang Robot and remix it with your own touch and sound. He will then choose the best remix to appear on his website as well as on his ‘remix’ album that is under construction at the moment.
- If you’d like to join monoloQue in his musical journey, visit”http://www.monoloque.com” or “http://www.myspace.com/monoloque” or join this page and share us your thoughts or if you like to make some good music together.